Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Have a Daughter!


Yesterday morning, I had my ultrasound. It was a very emotional morning for me. With 3 boys already, we had decided this would be our last baby. This also meant it was our last chance for a girl. I was prepared for either outcome since, although I would have loved to have a girl, boys are what I know & what I'm comfortable with. And besides, I can't seem to get enough of that cute, smiley, kissable baby boy that I already have. So I knew, of course, that I would be happy either way.

However, until that point, I really thought it was going to be another boy, so when I heard it was a girl, the tears just started streaming. I was surprised by the emotion that came over me. I never realized just how much I wanted a girl until the ultrasound tech said those words. No longer was it just "a girl", it was my daughter. We have a daughter! WOW. I think it's going to take a while before that one sinks in.

I even asked her if she could please be VERY sure because I have 3 boys... lol... so she checked several times... Yep, it's a GIRL! And everything looked great... the baby is healthy. Praise God! My due date is December 5th, but will most likely be a little early with a c-section.

3 comments:

Sharilyn said...

woohoo!!!!!!!!

Mrs. Sugar Plum... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Sugar Plum... said...

I am so excited for you! Girls are fun! I vote for a c-section on December 2nd, Madi's birthday (smile).

Related Posts with Thumbnails