Friday, November 13, 2009

Welcome, Baby Jaron Michael

Thank you for your prayers, everyone. We came home from the hospital yesterday morning and are adjusting to life with three busy boys. It is quite comical at times as David & I clearly don't have enough hands, but we are figuring it out as we go. I am so thankful for a loving husband, who is doing everything he can to help out.

Jaron arrived on Monday morning through a c-section at 8:15 am. Although the c-section itself was way easier on me than last time with Jordan, the recovery this time is a little slower. While cutting through the layers of scar tissue, a small tear ended up in my bladder. Although, I haven't noticed any pain or anything from it, I do have to use a catheter for a few weeks while it heals, which is annoying, but not the end of the world.

Jaron is so precious and we are very thankful for our new son. He is the littlest of all three at 6 lbs, 9 oz. and 20 inches. He is over a pound lighter than Jordan was, and I am in awe every time I change his clothes and realize just how tiny he is. We are enjoying this newborn stage so much and all the snuggle time, as we know just how quickly it goes by.

Jaron looks so much like Joshua did as a baby... in his face and also his hair, although his hair isn't as light as Joshua's was. His hair is light brown and his eyes at this point are dark blue/gray. He is eating and sleeping well, too.

The hospital stay was wonderful as I had the best nurse ever, and she was there all three days. Grammie brought Joshua and Jordan to the hospital for a few hours each day, and they are both enjoying their baby brother. We are glad to be home, though, and settling into life as a family of five.

Jordan has adjusted well to the baby and just ignores him for the most part as he's so busy himself, although he does like to look at him and pat his head. Jordan is almost running now and is speaking lots of gibberish. It's so cute. It's amazing how much bigger and more grown-up he seems now that Jaron is here. Here are a few pictures of our little guy...


Three days old

Coming home from the hospital with baby Jaron...
Related Posts with Thumbnails