Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Four Years Ago Today...

Four years ago today, I began this blog. Joshua was only 6 years old then. Hard to believe. That seems like such a lifetime ago! God has blessed our family so much with our four wonderful children & we are so thankful for the life we have. Back then, our family looked like this:


Six months later, we found out we had a little one on the way.

Someday (maybe next year), I'd like to have my blog printed out into book form, one book per year. It's a great way for me to be able to scrapbook our family memories without having all the paper products & albums spread all over for little hands to get into.

And you might have noticed I've been trying to do a little catch-up over the past few weeks. Sorry if you're getting tired of all my posts! I'm planning to go back to my "normal" level of posting soon. lol

I also recently changed the title of my blog. It used to be called "Home Sweet Home" but is now "3 Boys And A Little Lady". Seems more fitting, now that we're done having kids.


Anyway, I looked back to see what my first post was 5 years ago, & it was about Joshua's award night from his second year in AWANA (the Bible club he was a part of). You can click here to read that post, if you'd like.

So today, I thought I'd post about his latest award night that he had a few weeks ago for his Bible club (only now, he's a part of Kids 4 Truth, the Bible club through our church). This was his 4th year in Kids 4 Truth (K4T).


Mr. Daniel (our wonderful leader of K4T) challenged all the kids to try to beat him, memorizing their verses. Out of all the kids in K4T, Joshua was the only one who was able to beat Mr. Daniel by memorizing more verses than him. He was so excited to get a Dairy Queen gift card for the prize, and he was able to eat his very first Dairy Queen Blizzard ever. He thought that was so cool!


Joshua also got the top prize (a trophy) for his age group (3rd-4th graders) for memorizing the most verses throughout the year.


This picture shows his sash a little better with all his patches that he's earned this year.


There were only 4 trophies given out. His friend Micah got one too & so did Nathan. I guess Noah is stepping in for his brother, Nathan, in this picture. lol


Mr. Daniel hands out the awards.


Joshua receives his sash with the last of his patches added.


Joshua receives his trophy.


Great job, Joshua!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails