It's been another fun couple of days around here... Shhh, don't tell Joshua! A little exhausting with this heat we've been having (my house has been almost 80 degrees the past couple of days), but we'll take it as long as we can get it! This is Oregon, you know.
Yesterday, I spent some time whipping up a few things to keep the kids busy (thanks to Pinterest). First, I made some play dough (first time for homemade). It was also Ashley's first time ever doing play dough as well. She was actually more fascinated with all the tools, although I did catch her trying to eat it a few times. Even better that it was homemade.
Next, I made two types of popsicles... strawberry-blueberry, and coconut. The coconut ones were incredible! Next time I make those, I might not even tell the kids! (hee hee) It was Ashley's first popsicle ever... hmmm, there seem to be a lot of firsts for her this week. She sure is getting bigger, that one!
My craziest project of the day yesterday was making homemade sidewalk paint. I knew I was in for a mess. Sometimes, you just have to go for it, though!
Yes, this IS a picture of Jordan painting Ashley's leg. With two paintbrushes. Things got a little wild out there.
She was a little devastated about it at first...
They sure had fun, though.
And clean-up was easy. In fact, they pretty much cleaned themselves, chasing each other with the sprayer (me included).
After a real bath, they enjoyed a little bit of down-time, watching a video, while I made dinner. Actually, Jordan watches the video. Jaron & Ashley only watch the first 5 minutes of it, then they're right back to seeing what they can get into.
Our week hasn't been all play, though. There's been some work involved as well. It's nice to have some good helpers, though. Yes, we start them young! lol
And look how enthusiastic she is about it too!
Today wasn't quite as fun as yesterday, as I spent most of the morning cleaning, organizing & rearranging their bedroom. But they got to help some, and I also brought out some toys they hadn't seen in a while (I rotate most of their toys... they're on a shelf at the top of their closet. Otherwise, I think I would lose my mind, sorting and resorting their toys... lol)
Anyway, so at 5:00, I decided to let them get out of the house & have some fun. That & I was beginning to think I would die of heat exhaustion... remember it was 79.5 degrees in my house (it's cooled down a bit, though... now it's only 78.8 even though it's only 58 degrees outside... okay that's REALLY not funny). So I picked up some dinner & brought the kids to the sprinkler park. We were also able to listen to a concert in the park. Such a fun, relaxing evening! And the kids enjoyed cooling off as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment