Monday, July 9, 2012

Camp Northwest

This morning, Joshua left for a week at Camp Northwest, our church camp in Washington. It's his first time going & he is beyond excited. He's been packed for a week already! I was a counselor there 15 years ago & I know he's going to have a blast.


A bunch of his friends from church are going. Here he is with Nathan just before getting on the church bus.


Meanwhile, I have absolutely nothing going on this week, so I'm enjoying a slower pace with just the little ones & having some spontaneous fun with them this week. We played in the backyard today with their new sandbox & slide that I got from a garage sale a few weeks ago. The boys are more into the sandbox, while Ashley goes back & forth between them both. It's nice for her to have a slide that's just her size.






Jaron is telling me that they are burying their truck!


Ashley is able to climb up the steps all by herself. She is so independent- something Jaron is not- so it still surprises me when she's playing. Sometimes, she can be a little too daring, though, so I really have to watch her.


She is one tough little girl!



At first, she wanted me to hold her hand or catch her as she went down, then she realized she could do it all by herself & that the grass is a soft landing. So then she went down the slide over & over & over while I watched her.


The apple tree is loaded right now, so we were even able to have a little snack while we were outside.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails