Sunday, June 28, 2009

Getting Closer!

We will be ordering our carpet tomorrow and Lowe's will be installing it. That's pretty much the last thing to do (in order to move in, that is), so we should be able to move in after they're done. We'll still have more to do before we refinance- trim, concrete driveway, landscaping, misc stuff- but we can do all that after we move in.

The past few months have seemed to drag by even though a lot has actually been happening, but this past week was pretty intense for us. While the guys were busy with the drywall, David & I spent every waking moment (it seemed like, anyway) picking out our paint colors and carpet. We were going to order our carpet a while ago, but decided we'd better wait until we had a better idea what paint colors we were going to choose.

Paint is something I've been dreading picking out because it's such a process. We bought a whole bunch of little paint sample cans, trying to coordinate the colors with the flooring, countertops, etc. We've been to the home improvement stores every day this past week since Sunday (yes, even on Father's Day), sometimes several times a day, and on Thursday, we even made four trips in one day!

I am glad to say that we are DONE choosing colors for the majority of the house.... the only rooms left to figure out are Joshua's room (he was at Vacation Bible School all last week & we need his input), the trim for the outside, and the inside of the garage (David can handle that one).

So yesterday, we bought 54 gallons of paint in seven different colors. We got in on the big paint sale they're having this weekend and next at Home Depot, which was such a blessing with the quantity we needed. Sure hope we still like those colors after it's painted! We will start painting the inside tomorrow. Finally something I can help with... lol

We also bought all the light fixtures this week. This next month is going to be one very expensive month as we still have plumbing fixtures, countertops, appliances, etc and if we have any money left over, some furniture might be nice. lol Hopefully, things will all come together smoothly. We're almost there!!

I haven't been out to the house since they did the texturing (the floors were way too wet on Friday from them spraying and I didn't feel like ruining my shoes). Now I understand why they had to put down the brown paper! So I don't have pictures yet of the finished walls, but here are a couple after they covered the seams, before they did the texturing.

And here is Jordan helping us pick out carpet. He had a rough week with us dragging him all around to the stores and interrupting his nap schedule. He really enjoys his naps in his bed. The carpet was his favorite thing to keep him occupied at the store, though. Well, that and cheerios.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails