We were at Doernbecher for six days while Jaron healed from some mysterious infection. The doctors never did determine what he had. We ended up staying an extra night as the doctors decided to keep Jaron on the antibiotics for 5 more days, just in case it was a bacterial infection. So we were discharged Tuesday morning with a home IV. We are giving him the antibiotics at home through the IV three times a day until Friday.
Jaron is doing so much better and seems just like himself before any of this happened. Once we got back home, none of this even seemed real. We are so thankful to be home. I thought I'd post some pictures from up in Portland. Most of what I post here on my blog tends to be all the fun, happy moments from our lives that I want to remember. But I also want to remember just what God has brought us through, as we have so much to be thankful for. Things could have so easily gone the other way. Praise God Jaron is okay.
Jaron's hospital room in ICU.
Our little guy was hooked up to so many tubes...
The big tube in Jaron's mouth is the ventilator. Jaron gained almost a pound while we were there because of all the fluids. But by the time we left, he was back down to 6 lb, 14 oz, just a few ounces more than when we got there.
It was so scary, everything we went through. But it helped a lot, knowing that so many people were praying for our little boy.
From the timeline in the lobby...
Doernbecher Children's Hospital
The view from Doernbecher...
The tram from the bottom of the hill up to the hospital...
Visitors
We were so thankful to have our family up in Portland. No children are allowed into the rooms at Doernbecher, but Joshua did get to wave to Jaron through the hall window.
This was Auntie Brianna's first time meeting little Jaron...
Grammie
No more tubes!
Jaron in his crib after he was released from ICU.
Getting stronger...
The best birthday present I received was having Jaron released from ICU into the regular pediatric unit.
Ready to finally go home!
2 comments:
I just read your blog. I am so glad everything is going well. As I was reading everything, I got tears in my eyes... how scary. Praise God Jaron is well. We will keep praying.
And Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!
Love,
Holly
I can't tell you how relieved we are that Jaron is well now. I was with my whole family over Thanksgiving, so we had a houseful of people praying for you and your little one. God is Emmanuel--God with us.
Post a Comment