Friday, July 17, 2009

House Update for July 17th

No pictures today, but I will update you on where we're at...... This past week has been the most stressful, emotional, difficult (you get the idea) week I've had in a very long time. We've had so much to do... choosing the rest of our paint colors, painting the interior, researching appliances, coordinating the rest of the projects, trying to keep up with an enormous amount of paperwork, etc.

So I've been getting very little sleep lately, trying to keep up with it all on top of everything else I normally have to do. That along with some lovely headaches that are probably from this heat. Not to mention I can't seem to shut my brain off after I do go to bed. All this makes for one grumpy pregnant woman! lol

A week ago, David ended up building a 12'x 16' shed for someone. It was sort of a mixed blessing because although we need the income, it has put us a week behind schedule with the painting and getting things ordered.

I had planned to help paint, but David didn't think it was a good idea with me being pregnant. My mom was an incredible help, though, and took almost a week off from work to help with the painting. They did two coats of primer throughout the interior of the house and are almost halfway done with the regular paint. All the bathrooms are done as well as the two bedrooms downstairs and the garage. The carpet is ready to be installed and if we can get enough painting done this weekend, it will be installed on Monday.

Tonight we ordered our appliances. The stove, dishwasher, and microwave will be delivered this week, and the refrigerator will be delivered next week. We've spent a lot of time researching appliances... the different brands, features available, reading reviews, etc, so we feel pretty good about our choices. We also ordered our laminate wood flooring, which should come in next week, and David will be installing that. The cabinets are done and can be delivered whenever we're ready for them. Then David will need to assemble them. We also need to buy sinks and faucets, put in laminate counters, and put up trim.

As you can see, there is so much happening all at once and so it's been pretty stressful trying to coordinate everything and make sure the timing is right and that things happen in the correct order. I don't like this part at all and am counting down the days until this is all over! It seems never-ending.

It also is becoming apparent that we really need to clone David!! He's only one person and can only do so much... It's summer so everyone who was helping us before has either been working long hours lately or they've been on vacation. So that pretty much only leaves David to do everything. It would be nice to be able to move in by the end of July, but I don't know how realistic that is becoming.

Our main goal isn't just to move into the house, but to refinance it and pull out money to pay off all the debt BEFORE (keyword... lol) we run out of money. And it has to be pretty much completely done before we can do that. That is the most stressful part of all of this to me. So pray for my sanity. lol

Steven is planning to help me unpack the shed on Monday so I can start organizing things in the garage before we move in. I can't WAIT to start organizing!! That will be the fun part that I am looking forward to...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails