Friday, September 28, 2007

Tidepools in Newport

The Hatfield Marine Science Center was really fun. They have lots of small marine animals you can see in tidepools and aquariums. The animals were so colorful & we were able to touch everything & learn about them. We saw starfish, anemones, sea urchins, skates, fish, turtles, and even an octopus.

some beautiful animals!

tidepools at the science center

hands-on learning

tidepools at the science center

a cute turtle

Now that we knew a lot more about these animals, we headed to the tidepools at Yaquina Head to see some out in the wild. We went two different days at low tide & saw quite a bit. It was fun to search for them.
the tidepools by the lighthouse

looking at tidepools

Yaquina Head natural area

we saw lots of starfish

a beautiful scenic area at Yaquina Head

1 comment:

H0MEFree said...

Oh my goodness!
You are going to tear it all the way down now?
I'd be nervous and excited too!

BTW the pictures are looking great. Lots of work went into that! I can tell.

I guess you can also tell I have not been by to check all this out in a while! LOL!
~KH

homeschoolblogger.com/H0MEFree

Related Posts with Thumbnails