Monday, July 9, 2007

Fourth of July Celebration

We hope everyone had a nice fourth of July. Ours was a full day of fun spent with our good friends, Chris & Debbie. A church picnic in the park followed by several hours of softball. David & I were quite the pair as we both complained for the next three days about how sore we were. I forgot just how many muscles you use when playing softball...
softball game

Joshua did such a great job holding the flag while everyone sang the national anthem at the picnic...
national anthem

I love this picture of my friend, Debbie, & her little guy. Isn't he a cutie?
Debbie & Noah

After a little nap, we headed over to their house for dinner & fireworks. Chris put on a nice show for us all & the kids had a blast.
fireworks fireworks
fireworks watching fireworks
Joshua- sparklers

On the way home, David & I agreed how nice it was to only drive the short, eight blocks back to our house compared to being stuck in traffic on the freeway in Oakland (as well as almost getting in an accident) after the fireworks last year. That was a little scary. This year was definitely more relaxing.

2 comments:

thedebster said...

Good Morning Banana Mamma!
Vey nice pictures of the 4th
celebration!! You're such an
awesome photographer! I definitely
want copies!!! I knew those
firework pictures would turn out!
They look grat~!
Hope to see you around soon!
Love, Debbie

Shanna said...

I know, I was really happy with those fireworks pictures. Too bad I didn't have better pictures of the boys, too. That was sure a fun day. See ya!
Shanna

Related Posts with Thumbnails