So the month of February was spent meeting with numerous plumbers, electricians, concrete companies, etc. And lots of trips to Home Depot. I mean lots. We priced out all kinds of building materials. We needed to figure out how much all this was going to cost so we could apply for our loan. This was fun for me. I enjoyed seeing what all of our choices were & helping to pick out stuff. We also priced out building materials for building a shed. We would need a place to store everything from our garage (& the storage room above it) while we put new concrete down. Plus a shed is just handy anyway. Which brings us to March...

March...
In March, David, with help from a few other guys, built the shed in our backyard (he just has the siding left to do). It was a good way for him to get a little practice in before the real thing. Now, in our city, if a shed is 200 sq ft or more, you have to apply for a permit. So our's is 196 sq ft. Our neighbor was joking with us, "Why not make it as big as possible- that way you don't have to add on to it later!" lol



My main project for the month of March (& into April) was to go through every drawer, cupboard, box, etc in our house & get rid of what we didn't plan to keep & to just reorganize. Fun! We also have a lot of boxes above the garage & I went through all of those, too, & got rid of stuff. They are now organized, labeled, & ready to go into the shed. I have to say, that feels good.

April...
In April, we applied for our loan. I think that was about all we did for the house that month since it was a busy month for other things.
May...
Things really got fun in May. David had his birthday and, I would have to say, he scored big time on toys this year. We were going to need a tractor to do a lot of work in our yard, so instead of renting one, we decided to buy a kubota tractor as an investment. We'll be able to use it for many things down the road, too. He and his brother, Wes, have been having so much fun "playing" in the yard, driving it around, digging, & moving stuff around- they were like little kids that first weekend. I'm excited because now he can dig up a garden or flower bed for me in no time!


Along with that, he got a second quad (4-wheeler), so we each have one now. Now, if I could only go scrapbook shopping with that equivalent of money... hmmm...I'll keep dreaming, I guess.


A couple of years ago, we had 18 cottonwood trees cut down in the back of our property. They were really tall & it made a big mess all over our yard. So, with the help of the tractor, David & Wes finished up the last of the clean-up & hauled away the stumps. We also had someone come grind up two maple tree stumps next to our house that were in the way. That was fun to watch. The machine grinded up the stumps like they were nothing.

2 comments:
wow pretty impressive to actually see all the pictures of what happened...I can't wait to see the updates...this is fun!!
Thanks, Rachel. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's been fun figuring out how to do all this stuff.
Post a Comment