Tuesday, February 21, 2012

On Turning Eleven

On Saturday, Joshua will be turning eleven years old. We've been getting a daily (sometimes hourly) update from him on how many days are left until his birthday. I think he thinks we might forget or something. lol

Here are some more pics he took using the timer on his camera. These are from November. Someday, he'll probably be too "cool" to act silly like he does, but I am getting a kick out of it while it lasts.


But he's also becoming more responsible, & he helps out a lot at home. Ironing his pants for church...


Last year, his two daily chores were to empty the dishwasher every morning (& any other time it needs emptying) and bring all the laundry to the laundry room every morning & sort it. Those two things are very helpful for me.


Then this past summer, I taught him how to use the washer & dryer. So ever since September, he's been washing & drying all the laundry (except for Ashley's clothes, which I do). Such a HUGE help for me.


Well that is, when he remembers to put the lid down after turning it on. lol He's only done that a couple of times & thankfully, we realized it soon after, haha.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails