This past week has been our first week staying in the house. With just over 3 weeks until the baby will be here, it is nice to finally be able to unpack and get settled. We pulled Joshua's mattress and Jordan's playpen into our room, and we've been having sort of a slumber party all week. It's been a fun way to break in the house.
There's still a lot to do on the house, though, so David is keeping very busy with that while I've been unpacking and cleaning.
We still don't have the kitchen sink and dishwasher in yet, so I've been washing dishes in the laundry room sink for now. That's pretty much the only inconvenience, though, so that's nice. Other than that, there's just lots of little things left. There's a little bit more baseboard trim left to put in and paint, closet doors to be installed, and just a lot of misc stuff- some of it can wait until after we refinance, some of it has to be done before.
The outside is almost finished, too. Last week, we hired painters to paint the outside. The trim still needs to finish being painted, but the rest is done. Gutters will be installed this week. We still have to put hand rails on the porches. And we still have the landscaping. Planning to just level the yard out for now and do grass/plants in the spring.
We're hoping to start the refinancing process in about a week or so. Really praying that everything will go through okay and that the appraisal will be as high as we need it to be. Would appreciate your continued prayers.
I have lots more photos I'd like to post of the house as well as family stuff, but will have to get to those as I have time.
1 comment:
woohoo!!!!!!!
we will continue to pray for you all, but can't wait to hear good news about house and baby!
Post a Comment