Monday, March 23, 2009

House update for March 23rd

The house is coming along... a little slower than planned, but everything is going well, which is really great. It looks like things should work out to finish it, yee haw! The electrical was a big job and is finally done. We were blessed to have our friend, Clint, help with most of that. The inspections for the electrical are this week. They're getting ready to start on the insulation & HVAC (heating/air conditioning). Since everything inside has to go in a certain order, the siding will get put on in between, as they have time. Our hefty tax refund (such a blessing!) should really come in handy if it ends up taking an extra month or two. I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't happen, but it's so hard to know exactly how long everything is going to take.







I've started shopping around, getting ideas for decorating & color schemes. Just mainly looking at this point, although we did buy all three shower curtains last week. That was really fun. We've also been planning all the built-in cupboards/shelving for throughout the house, as those will be going in soon.. So I've been thinking a lot about where I will store different things, so we can customize the space. Who knew that even THINKING about organizing could be so much fun! lol We've also been deciding on where all the lights will be and the different types. Yesterday, my hubby put in the wood stove. We kept it from our old house. I've missed it soooo much this past year. I love to be toasty warm, something you just don't get from electric heat.

Downstairs- Office (this will be our homeschool room- yay!)


Stairs


Stairs/Upstairs Hallway


Upstairs Hallway


Upstairs-- Bonus Room (Family Room/Office)


Upstairs-- Bonus Room (Master Bedroom/Bathroom is straight ahead)

3 comments:

charisse said...

It's coming along. You have doubled the size of your last house square footage. I'd drive past your old house not even thinking it would be turned into a mansion. A mansion it is.

H0MEFree said...

Oh yes! I love this part!
I am not the buildy type, but I know color! LOL!
~K

homeschoolblogger.com/h0mefree

Shanna said...

Charisse- actually we've tripled it! lol Before it was 1000 sq ft... now it is 3000 sq ft. Yes, it is pretty big... that was ALL my hubby's idea... For the record, I didn't have NOTHIN' to do with that. :) I give him a hard time telling him that if he'd only designed a smaller house, we'd be done by now. haha. Oh, by the way, I had no idea we lived so close! That is so cool.

Related Posts with Thumbnails